“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.” Georgia O'Keeffe
Art is an integral part of the Curriculum timetable and where possible is linked to our Termly Topics. In addition, we hold an annual Arts Week when children experience working on more ambitious projects with visiting artists and developing Art for for the annual Pan Art Exhibition which is held in Warrington town centre.
Every child in KS1 and 2 has their own sketchbook in which they can explore their ideas and develop techniques using different media. They are also provided with opportunity to develop their Art skills by attending one of our popular Art Clubs.
The children are encouraged to develop their creativity by exploring their imaginations and the reality of the world around them through artistic expression. We use the artwork of different artists to inspire us.
Our aims are to:
· build on the artistic skills, experience and understanding which the child already possesses.
· encourage the child to find enjoyment, fulfilment, and achievement throughout art, craft and design and see themselves as artists, designers and craft workers.
· develop skills to use a range of materials, techniques and tools effectively and competently.
· feel able to express their ideas, feelings and experiences from life and society creatively.
· develop an appropriate vocabulary to help them discuss their own work and that of others.
· appreciate and evaluate the work of a range of artists from their own and other cultures.
· see the presentation of all forms of work, written or pictorial as an art form and to develop graphic art styles to improve the appearance of their work.