Curriculum Intent Statement
The curriculum at Oughtrington is designed to inspire an enthusiasm for learning in all of our pupils. Our curriculum seeks to engage children emotionally, to challenge them academically and to help them to develop as a whole person.
In order to do this, we will provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is full of rich, memorable experiences. Our curriculum is carefully sequenced to ensure that children build on prior learning and make progress in all subject areas. We will help our pupils to discover and develop their own talents and interests. Our curriculum will have real world relevance so that it prepares our pupils for success in life.
Values Education runs through every aspect of the curriculum, so that life in our school continually enhances pupils’ social and relationship skills. This includes developing and deepening pupils’ understanding of the fundamental British values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law, and mutual respect and tolerance.
We are successful when our pupils are:
- Effective team workers who are confident and capable in all areas of communication
- Creative and critical thinkers
- Resilient, independent, self-motivated and reflective learners who aspire to greater heights
- Active, responsible citizens who make positive contributions to society and are aware of local and global issues
- Healthy, happy and emotionally intelligent